The Top 10 Reasons to Stay at the Glen Cove Inn & Suites
We can think of a few dozen reasons to stay with us here at the Glen Cove Inn & Suites, but rather than bore you with such a long list, here are our own top 10, from the tenth to the best reason to book a room with us.
10. If ever you needed a reason to come back again and again, here’s one: each of our 36 rooms is decorated differently. You can make a “project” of visiting here 36 times in order to check out each and every décor style in order to choose your favorite.
9. Lighthouses. Eighteen (18) are located within a 40-mile radius of Camden. There is, for example, the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse (which you can tour, by the way) just 20 miles south of us, to the Curtis Island Lighthouse outside Camden Harbor, you and your family members can make an adventure of how many lighthouses you can visit during your stay here. Hey, everyone needs a hobby!
8. We love pets! A few of our rooms are set aside as specifically designated for guests with pets. Worried that your pet may be too big for us? We doubt it; but if concerned, just give us a call and tell us all about Fido or Fifi and we’ll discuss.
7. Speaking of our love for animals, we walk the talk with…Bailey! Bailey is our large black lab. He’s friendly. He loves our guests. Stay with us and you, too, can experience the Bailey Love.
6. Eat outdoors in summer. (You can also do so during winter, but a typical Maine January may disabuse you of that notion quickly). Our covered outdoor decking area provides a lovely setting in which to enjoy our continental breakfast as you get your day off to the perfect start.
5. As for continental breakfasts, ours is one of the best. Far from the “usual” offerings of stale pastries, our breakfast includes fresh fruit, chilled yogurt, pastry, bagels, toast, muffins and orange juice.
4. The chance to enjoy all that Rockport and nearby Camden offer, including great seafood, some of the most postcard-beautiful scenery to be found anywhere, the chance to visit artists, craftspeople as they work, museums (art and history),and more.
3. If you so desire, the chance to cruise in Camden Harbor or even on the Atlantic Ocean. If you have the sailing skills, there are several places where you can rent a sailboat. There are several entrepreneurs who offer harbor and ocean sails on their windjammer, yacht or large power boat if you’d rather have someone else do all the work. Just let us know what you’re looking for and we can recommend some great on-the-water activities.
2. Our rates are incredibly affordable. Most of our rooms (Standard Guest Rooms with one queen bed) range in price from $69-$189. Our Deluxe Guest Rooms (two queen beds) range from $79-$189). Not many hotel chains offering these affordable prices provide you with exceptionally comfortable beds, a filling continental breakfast (on the deck) and beautiful vistas. Oh, and Bailey. No hotel chains offer you the chance to get some friendly tail wags from Bailey.
1. Romance! Look up the word “romance” in the dictionary and you’ll see “Stay at the Glen Cove Inn & Suites!” Ok., not really. But, seriously. Beautiful views. Camden. Rockport. Harbor scenes. Lobster dinners. Privacy. Artists. Museums. Schooners. It’s impossible not to have a romantic getaway when you stay with us!